Sunday, June 29, 2008

We Got Next...Blog.



I'm a man of my word. I said if the Phils didn't take two of three from the Rangers, I would disown the Fightin's and take up a blogging interest in the WNBA. Granted, I know very little about the WNBA. I saw Juwanna Mann on Comedy Central one time, so I'm not completely oblivious to the league. I will do my best to provide in depth, entertaining coverage. Some interesting topics that I will be blogging on shortly:

1) David Stern - Does he fix these games like he does the real basketball league? And can Tim Donaghy get a job here?

2) Sheryl Swoopes - She courageously came out of the closet to became a justified hero and icon of the gay community. That is great for her, but is she really gay? It just doesn't seem right. A gay WNBA player? Impossible. What's next, a gay female golfer? No way.

3) Margo Dydek - [Pictured at right with traitor to the nation, Becky Hammon] She isn't playing this year because she had a baby. That's right, somebody hit that. All 7' 2" of it. Possibly on purpose. And it resulted in offspring. I did some calculations and figured out that if her child is a boy, he will be somewhere around eight and a half feet tall. We need to find this kid and get the Sixers to sign him now. They can send him to the D-League for 20 years. So, everyone be on the lookout for a 3 feet tall baby. I'll start by watching Maury Povich show, something tells me he'll pop up there...

18 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Sadly enough, this is more entertaining than the Phillies...ugh.

goDuke said...

Great work Corey. Now in my ignorance of the WNBA I am going to have to go do some research. So we don't have a Philly team... you need to adopt a team so we can shift "You're my boy Burrell" over to WNBA player...

GreggyD said...

Let the Candace Parker lovefest begin.

GM-Carson said...

Are there any WNBA players that have posed in Playboy? If so, a link would be nice.

GreggyD said...

Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson might get the job done for you. They're not posing for Playboy...but they're pretty hot. Sue Bird, in more of a girl next door kinda way.

ripjgarcia said...

Evidently the WNBA is not only populated by lesbians, but crackheads as well.. Take a peak at the photo of Ivory Latta of the Atlanta Dream (WTF kind of name is that for a team) on the WNBA.com frontpage.

The Dream is that they win a game as it looks like these amazonians are 0 for their first 15.

Corey, are you seriously going to continue this charade?

SirAlden said...

Hit that! And it hits back!

SirAlden said...

How about an article on a whole nappy headed team? PC with out the 'ho...

SirAlden said...

Wait! there is no Philadelphia team! Who do we root for?

Conn because it is the closest team that is not in NYC?

Or Phoenix because it begins with a "p" ?

General Manager Chris Sienko of the Connecticut Suns is a GENIUS!

He refuses to trade away draft picks. Amber Holt! What a pick at #9.

WNBA.com: What's your favorite TV show?

Holt: "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. In fact, I just got finished watching it. Will Smith is funny. Some of his movies are pretty good, too."

WNBA.com: How important is fashion to you? When you go out on the town, is it important to you to look good?

Holt: "Ha, honestly, it doesn't really matter. I usually just throw on sweats and call it a day. It's all about comfort for me. :) "

Nappy Nappy!

C.M.R. said...

dc has a team, right? they're closer to philly than conn. i think

i'd totally have sexual intercourse with sue bird if given the opportunity to, if you are in knowledge of what i am insinuating!

Joe said...

The best part of the post: Family Guy

"Is having this minor skill worth being so unattractive?"

That line is funny. Follow it with:

"That's for the fan to decide." That's comic gold.

Lauren Jackson looks good. I found her during my research on Sue Bird.

C.M.R. said...

family guy lol

GM-Carson said...

Wow, 12 comments on a 1st day blog, Corey is a trailblazer!

SirAlden said...

Where is the next post?

Slacker!

GreggyD said...

I think Corey may have bit off a bit more than he could chew with this endeavor.

Mike said...

This is the best WNBA blog ever!

whiteout said...

Hey, I am a Phils' blogger. Nice WNBA blog, I like the WNBA although they don't get any tv air. :) Check me out

GM-Carson said...

Damn, kid, calm yourself!